Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Morning Commute

Had to come into work a bit earlier this morning so these pictures were taken between 5:45 and 7 AM. Of course at 5:45 it was pretty dark out so I wasn't able to get very good shots. Overall i90 isn't terrible this morning but there are definitely some slick spots and the passing lane looked pretty bad at times. The roads were just wet in La Crosse but by the time I got up the hill past the Nodine, MN / HWY 12 -- Exit 266, things started to be more frozen and with noticeable ice and snow on the road. I was going around 52 mph and an SUV pulled out into the passing lane to go around me but then ducked back in behind me as it must have been worse then he thought. The roads went back and forth from wet to frozen and after the St Charles, MN -- HWY 74 -- Exit 233 they started improving till I got to Rochester and they were pretty good then. If you're out this morning, slow down a bit and drive safe.
Fun Shot of the Day -- Light at the end of the tunnel

Driving West on i90 before the St Charles, MN -- HWY 74 -- Exit 233


Driving West on i90 around Dresbach, MN -- Exit 272



No comments: